Information about the application process:
Applications can only be made by medical professionals.
- Contact the "Interdisciplinary PCD Diagnostic Centre University of Bern" via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Possible dates: Nasal brushings can be performed and processed Monday-Thursday.
- Principally, we prefer the patients to be sent to our PCD consultation service for diagnostics, so that we potentially can perform further diagnostic methods (e.g. measurement of nasal NO) depending on the patient's medical history and clinical state.
However, we still accept - in justified cases - external samples, preferably taken by experienced persons. The procedure is then as follows:
- Approximately one week before the date of the planned brushing, we will send you the registration form as well as a tube with culture medium and two brushes
- You organize a courier service to bring the sample to our laboratory within 2-3 hours. Address: DBMR - LPM, Pediatric Pneumology (Lab 377), Loretta Müller/Andrea Stokes, Murtenstrasse 28, 3008 Bern.
- We kindly ask you to give us the medical history as detailed as possible (e.g. on the referring form) so that we can consider this for the diagnostic syntheses within the interdisciplinary meetings.
Please send us the completed registration form to email@example.com (HIN secured).
More detailed information about the diagnostic offer of the PCD-UNIBE, incl. price overview: Info_PCDDiagnostik.